[G4] Adding memory to a G4 PCI.

Jono Carnie jono.carnie at gmail.com
Mon May 1 00:06:12 PDT 2006

Thanks All for the suggestions...
Ok, here's what i've done so far.

The machine came with the following;

128mb pc133, 64mb pc100, 64mb pc100.

I purchased two 256mb pc133 (only way i can verify they're 256's are from
the label on the sticks).
I don't have a machine to test it out on.

I've removed and re-inserted them several times, in several combinations of
placement. they all show up in the profiler when i swap them around.  but
the 256's consistantly show up as 128.  so i'm pretty sure they're seated
ok.

Regarding the comment about memory that's too high a density.
How do you know what the density is?
Does it make any difference that they're single sided?
They look pretty much the same as the existing original ones. ie, chips on
one side only.

As well, what is the CUDA button???

Thanks again for all your help.
Really appreciate it.