[G4] Adding memory to a G4 PCI.

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Mon May 1 03:46:23 PDT 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 12:06 AM, Jono Carnie wrote:

> Regarding the comment about memory that's too high a density.
> How do you know what the density is?

You're looking for a spec. for the computer and memory that says
something like ##x##. A little web searching will find tutorials on
this if you really want to wade through them.

Most memory/computer manufacturers and retailers don't go out of
their way to make this information readily available. That's why I
recommended using a site like the two I mentioned in my earlier mail.
Enter you system type and choose the manufacturer, retailer, and
price combination that you're most comfortable with.

> Does it make any difference that they're single sided?

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I don't think so.

> As well, what is the CUDA button???

This information is easy to find via your favorite search engine.
Search on "Mac" and "CUDA".

Phil
--
"I would not think that philosophy and reason themselves will be man's
guide in the foreseeable future; however, they will remain the most