[G4] How To Add Card For Big Hard Drive

Jamie Pruden m3gunner at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 17 09:30:29 PDT 2006

On May 16, 2006, at 7:59 PM, Ron Michael wrote:

> I want to add the card to add a new 250 gig hard drive instead of
> my current 120 gig primary hard drive. This is the smallest hard
> drive I've got. Can you point me to site that might have pics and/
> or video of how to do this? Also, I'll take recommendations on
> brand and/or where to buy the card if you've had a good experience
> with one. I've got a G4 1.25mhz mirror door with OS X 10.3.9 and
> 1.25 of ram.
> Thanks.
> Ron in Memphis

Hi Ron,

You don't have to buy a separate card for your MDD machine... they
can use any hard drives on the market that are parallel ATA drives
(not SATA or serial ATA.)

In fact, your MDD machine can take up to 3 additional hard drives
with no extra hardware. Just install the drives in the cages and hook
them up to power and the ribbon cables and you're ready to go.

smiles,
Jamie