[G4] Installing os9

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Sun May 21 03:00:06 PDT 2006

If I recall, you install it while in OSX. My OS9 CD is a "Restore" CD which
means OS9 is installed just like installing an OSX program. It is done within
OSX.

So, it goes like this. You format your hard drive(s), and install OS9
drivers. (I believe you did this) You install OSX. (You did this) While you are
running OSX, you install OS9 to the hard drive of your choice. When done, you go to
your OSX control panel and choose the OS9 system folder you just installed,
to reboot into OS9. If you want a bootable OS9 CD, you make one. I use Toast
and copy the system folder you booted into and copy it to the CD.

What does it say on your OS9 CD? My QS has to have OS9.2 and above to be
bootable. My MDD requires 9.2.2  Models with FW800 cannot boot into any version of
OS9. So my questions are: What model Mac do you have, and do you have an OS9
install CD or restore CD, and what version of OS9 is on the CD.

HTH
STeve

<< How can I install it to the hard drive if I cannot boot into os9 when the
computer starts? >>