[G4] Installing os9

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon May 22 03:17:31 PDT 2006

On 21 May, 2006, at 3:00:06, SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:

> What does it say on your OS9 CD? My QS has to have OS9.2 and above
> to be
> bootable. My MDD requires 9.2.2  Models with FW800 cannot boot into
> any version of
> OS9. So my questions are: What model Mac do you have, and do you
> have an OS9
> install CD or restore CD, and what version of OS9 is on the CD.

These facts are the critical issue here. Steve's machine just may be
one of those that CANNOT boot to an OS-9 CD unless it is a certain
version of OS-9.

I have repaired many G3 iMacs (tray and slot loaders alike) as part
of my volunteer work with the school district and found that the
later slot loader machines want at least OS-9.1 or .2 to boot from.
Otherwise, they refuse to boot at all and keep giving the flashing
question mark icon.