[G4] Processor upgrade

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Mon May 29 13:53:40 PDT 2006

Brian,

This question was asked back in March. It com es up every so often. This was
my response:

<<I bought my MDD last year because I like the look of it and there was a
dual CPU upgrade available from GigaDesigns at the time. They quit making it
shortly thereafter. It seems there are a number of design differences within the
same model. I called them a couple of weeks ago and they said they should be
coming out with one again this summer. I suggest you call them for updates.>>

So, you might give them a call and see if they have a timetable yet. I
finally bought a QS and will be putting in their dual 1.8GHz card when they have
them in stock again. I'm holding onto the MDD for now, just in case they finally
come out with their upgrade for it.

STeve

<< I have been looking for CPU upgrades of a G4 Dual Mirror Dual 1ghz.
Does such a device exist? >>

<< Hi guys,  I have a G4 MDD Dual 867 that desperately needs a boost.  Anybody
had good luck with a processor upgrade on one of these?  I own a full scale
recording studio and this is my primary machine.  I can't afford to make the
leap to a G5 but I am trying to upgrade my recordings to high definition
192kHz sampling rate.   A faster machine is a must.  Any help is
appreciated.

Brian Parker
Producer
Arsis Music Productions