[G4] [off topic] installin os9

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Tue May 30 21:17:42 PDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 8:38 PM, Gregory Cortelyou wrote:

> On May 30, 2006, at 11:25 PM, Philip J Robar wrote:
>

>> On May 30, 2006, at 6:33 PM, cerebus DaPope wrote:
>>
>>> i have a digital audio g4
>>>
>>> i took a western digital 80gb out of my windows pc
>>>
>>> and installed it into my g4
>>>
>>> put in an os9 disk and turned it on pressing "c"
>>>
>>> before i had a hard drive my cinema desplay would show a folder
>>> with a question mark
>>>
>>> now its just black
>>>
>>> if i reboot, i get an image for a second
>>> then blackness
>>>
>>> i'm sure its waiting for me to do something
>>>
>>> what should i be doing?
>>
>> Signing up for a remedial English class?
>>

>> Phil
>
> That is so not nice I can't even believe it. This is a tough room
> at times to be sure, but that response is beyond rude.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Even non-native speakers of English should
be able to use their knowledge of their own language to make at least
an attempt at basic punctuation and capitalization. The fact that the
original poster couldn't  be bothered to at least try (or more likely
just couldn't be bothered) led to my smart-ass response. If they
won't make the effort to communicate in reasonable English, why
should I feel any need to answer reasonably?

Phil
--
"The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and
fear breeds repression. Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of