[G4] Backing up hard drive

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Mon Nov 6 20:18:32 PST 2006

In my experience, if you get more than 3 years on a hard drive, it's running on borrowed time.  Sure, some will run 4, 5, even 6 years, but you'd better have a reliable regular backup system.  The older smaller SCSI hard drives seemed to last forever, but the larger ones do not.  And Western Digital is the least reliable (IMHO).

Nate
From: Harry Freeman <harry at gifutiger.com>