[G4] rePanther install question

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri Nov 10 10:40:57 PST 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I agree with Brian, as I believe that when the "Daily's, Weekly's and
the Monthly" routines are done, they are only done on the drive that
has the OS X operating system. That means that the other partitions are
not cleaned up as they should during the maintenance operation.
On Nov 10, 2006, at 9:54 AM, B G wrote:

> Since this a machine you purchased from someone I would suggest
> reformatting the hard drive and then doing your install.
>
> You can set up the partition again or go without.
>
> I have had both setups on various machines, and I prefer to keep OS X
> and OS 9 on one partition, I have not found any benefit to keeping
> them separate.
>
> Others may disagree but this is just based on my experience.
>
> Brian
>
> G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM
>
> On Nov 9, 2006, at 8:46 PM, Ray Clayton wrote:
>
>> I appreciate the info I've gotten so far. Had trouble with my
>> subscription,
>> had to re-subscribe. Anyway. I guess the installation comes down to
>> one of
>> two choices.
>>
>> My hard drive is partitioned. On the smaller partition (10 GB) is
>> 9.2.2,
>> 10.1, and all applications. And 4.25 GB free.
>>
>> On the larger partition (30 GB) are all data files—photos, letters,
>> various,
>> etc., no apps. About 25 GB free.
>>
>> So. Should I install Panther in the smaller partition over
>> 10.1—assuming the
>> installer will let me? Or do I install Panther in the larger
>> partition and
>> therefore end up with 9.2.2 on one partition and 10.3 on the other?
>>
>> I would appreciate opinions. TIA,
>>
>> Ray

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC