[G4] sending mail from OSX Mail App

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 13 00:37:40 PST 2006

On 13/11/2006 4:30 PM, "Doug Burton" <mdd867x2 at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2006, at 9:33 PM, russells at strodtbeck.org wrote:
>

>> I use Apple's Mail application for mail..I recently signed up with
>> Quest.com DSL internet. I understand they provide not email
>> service. I amp able to receive from my third party ISP mail accounts
>> with no problem. But cannot send mail out. I get a "Mail
>> delivery failed" error message. I called Quest and they said I need to
>> talk with my third party ISP. I configured as they
>> suggested and still no luck. I was wondering if anyone on the list
>> uses Quest.com broadband and if you have had any
>> experience this sending mail  from your email client.
>>
>> Any suggestion would be appreciated.
>>
>> Russell
>
> Hmmm, you were able to send mail to this list, how was that
> accomplished?  Can't you just use the same method to send all of your
> email?
>
> Just a message from Doug...

Russell,
Like Doug I am curious as to how you sent this e-mail if you cannot set up
mail in the first place (from another computer perhaps?)

My suggestion is simple. If Quest will not give you an e-mail service then
dump them. E-mail is so basic that if they don't offer it, then find another
ISP that will. It is such a basic part of what is expected of an ISP that I
would think the fair practices laws of most countries would require them to
be up front with this. If they were, but said that you can easily use a
third party, and if using a third party is not easy, then again, most
countries would consider this as misleading or inappropriate.

They should not be able to hold you to a contract if you cannot use their
service to a reasonable standard. Sending e-mail is both reasonable and
standard.

Tony,
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art