[G4] sending mail from OSX Mail App

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 13 05:01:03 PST 2006

Russell-
Yr problem sounded so strange.... ie I'd never heard of an ISP not
offering eMail... I just HAD to investigate for myself.

Perhaps I'm completely off base here....

Googling for Quest.com leads to a software company that does not
offer ISP services. So that can't be you.  No other Quest hits turned
up any business that might offer ISP services.

On the other hand,  might it have been  Qwest.com you have signed up
with?  If so then they do indeed offer email services, in fact up to
10 emails address per DSL account. Their mail server is located at
Qwest.net.

If you really want to pursue the 3rd party ISP's mail service it can
be done. You have to make sure you have all the settings right in
your mail account preferences. Especially looking at the "Outgoing
mail server" address and the security settings associated with it
Look under Mail>preferences > Accounts >Account information then the
Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) and the server settings button. Your
third party ISP should be able to help you with the proper settings.

  In fact you may have to visit this preference page should you need
to set up a Qwest account!

Good luck.

You may contact me off list if you want some special help.

John