[G4] Multi Macs

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Wed Nov 22 08:18:36 PST 2006

I recall seeing a video on YouTube where this University hooked up
hundreds of Mac G5s using nodes (I think) and chained them together in
order to combine the processing power of all those Macs chained
together.  i also remember a small sidebar in an old MacAddict Magazine
showing another school had done something similar using G4s.  Now I have
2 G4 Digital Audio models with one being a Sonnet-upgraded 1.2 ghz
machine, the other being a 733 mhz machine.  Would I need a PCI card of
some sort to achieve combining them together in order to form a faster
machine?  For those of you that laughed at my question I hope your
coffee or hot chocolate shot out of your nose as you read it, haha.  I
appreciate all help and i hope that everyone has a safe and filling
Thanksgiving.

Eric Buczynski
emax4.fortunecity.com
--