[G4] Best solution for remote access

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 22 09:56:49 PST 2006

There are some components built into OS X to do what you want. Go to
systems preferences/sharing, from ther you can turn on what you
need:  File sharing, remote login, etc. You must also be sure to open
up and external firewalls, router etc if they are there. If it is a
stand alone machine connected directly to the DSL modem or whatever
connection it is, all you will need is the IP address.

Good luck

BG