[G4] G4 Shut Down Problem

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 24 11:12:42 PST 2006

On 24-11-2006 16:28, David Kline, davidkline1 at fastermac.net, wrote:

> I have a graphite G4 that when it's powered down will restart but then
> I get no video.  After I reset PRAM it reboots and video acts normaly.
> This is a pain because I must reset date every time.  Checked battery
> and tested fine and a soft reset will not get the video back to normal.
> I use the VGA video output from the rage card.  Any suggestions?

Do you have connected anything to an USB-port (besides kb and mouse)??
I have a QS 800/2002, OS 10.4.8 and a self-powered USB-hub. When I power
down the Mac without de-powering the hub FIRST, the Mac will restart but
without video-problems. (Disconnecting the hub is not necessary.)
OTOH, a friend has a QS 800DP/2001, 10.4.8 and the same hub as I have.
Without de-powering the hub first, HIS Mac will act like yours!!
Just a possibility.

Jo Hissel