[G4] External Drives Not Mounting

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 15:19:43 PST 2006

On 11/28/06, John Niven <senseamp at yahoo.com> wrote: \
> --- John Baltutis <baltwo at san.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> You launch System Profiler and check the version.
>> Once it's updated, you can't redo it.
>
> So, your opinion is that one cannot reload firmware?
> Why not? If it's stored in flash memory then it should
> be capable of being erased and reprogrammed. The thing
> that prevents that is the software controlling the
> update. Maybe there is different s/w?

Yes, that's my opinion. AFAIK, Apple's the only one who can write anything
that'll restore the firmware to a previous version. The only time I recall they
ever did that was the recent Firmware Restoration CD 1.2 explicitly for
Intel-based Macs at
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/firmwarerestorationcd12.html>. Write
them and ask.