[G4] monitor problem

Judy Antipin jlapro at verizon.net
Tue Nov 28 20:20:51 PST 2006

realize this isn't g4 specific but.... maybe one of youi have a
suggestion. Had a brownout earlier (yes, I have all attached to a surge
control un it) G4 quicksilver seems all right but now signal on monintor
(7 yr old viewsonic PT813) comes on greeen but then hear click, and it
goes to red. I checked the manual and called Viewsonic. They suggested
that cable may be bad, or should check monitor with other computer.
Doesn't get signal from my laptop either. I swapped out cable for a
brand new one I had laying around  and same problem - lights up green at
first, then hear a 'click' and it goes to red. I've going to rest it
tonight and try again tomorrow, but any suggestions on how to decide if
monitor is  toast?? or any idea what else to try? Yeah, I've been
wanting a flat screen but would like to use PT 813 for few more months.
I'm on digest so feel free to copy me separately.

Thanks,

Judy