[G4] G4 processor upgrade...???!!??

Rick Smykla rsmykla at verizon.net
Tue Nov 28 17:47:54 PST 2006

Marcos,

I would go with the dual, since the apps you want to use should take
good advantage of dual processors. Also, the larger L3 cache of the
7455 makes a significant difference in streaming video. I have a Dual
800 Quicksilver G4 that I upgraded to a dual 1800. Although most
operations are faster, the original CPU card with larger L3 cache
actually outperforms the newer card in streaming tasks.

HTH,
Rick

On Nov 28, 2006, at 9:41 AM, marco santos wrote:

> a> DUAL G4-7455/1.0GHz with 256K L2 On-Chip & 2MB L3
> Cache Per Processor

OR