[G4] Apple applications not responding.

Greg Manzie gmanzie at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 28 18:35:59 PST 2006

Hello David

This is a long shot, but do you have plenty of spare hard drive
capacity?

I had this problem a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a
lack of spare HD space on the system drive. The space was needed for
the memory manager (formerly virtual memory on pre OSX).

You need about 2 gig spare as a minimum. There was an Apple knowledge
base article about this, but I have forgotten the details.

When I cleaned out my HD, everything went back to normal including
the missing mail.

Regards

Greg Manzie
Director