[G4] How to tell if motherboard is QS or QS2002?

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Wed Oct 11 22:17:20 PDT 2006

Richard Klein wrote:
> P.S. - It looks like one of the pins in the motherboards CPU socket is
 > bent or broken.  I'll need to get a magnifying glass to tell if it's
 > repairable.  I can't believe I don't already own a magnifying glass!

I do have a magnifying glass!  I'd forgotten that there's one attached
to my "helping hands" articulated clamps that I use for soldering.  It
doesn't help as much as I'd hoped, though, because all those tiny pins
cast lots of shadows.  I'm pretty sure the pin's broken, though.  I'll
still see if I can get it to work.

--
Rich