[G4] How to tell if motherboard is QS or QS2002?

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Sat Oct 14 17:53:12 PDT 2006

J.M.P.Hissel wrote:
> IMHO the easiest way to find out whether or not it's QS 2002 is to find the
> serial number. On a running Mac with OS 10.x.x in System Profiler. A lot of
> Macs have a sticker with the serial number on. I have several Macs with that
> sticker on the bottom. Having found your Serial Number goto:
> <http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html>

I'd forgotten about this site.  Thanks, Jo!  I've bookmarked it now.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to find the serial number on an
un-bootable motherboard.  There's a number on it that looks like it
could be a serial number: KD14208KDLXYC
but the klantenservice page can only get a build date from that code,
and I'm not sure I trust the build date, either.

--
Rich