[G4] Reading DV+R discs on Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:45:22 PDT 2006

On Oct 14, 2006, at 6:20 PM, Richard Ramsowr wrote:

> Buy the DVR111 which is a Superdrive,

No it's not. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that
"Superdrive" is an Apple trademark. OWC makes no explicit claim that
the DVR-111 that they are selling is an  "Apple Superdrive". To be an
"Apple Superdrive" the drive must be Apple labeled, i.e. a drive
actually sold by Apple as a "Superdrive". I think that OWC is fudging
here by putting Superdrive in quotes in the description and illegally
using Apple's trademark to say that "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" the
DVR-111 will be seen as a Superdrive by OS X. As I said in a previous
post, most, if not all, people find that this is true, but I want it
to be clear to Carol that the DVR-111 that OWC is selling is not an
Apple branded drive and it's not guaranteed that it will be seen as
such.

> upgarde to "Tiger" and don't look back.
> With "Tiger" you don't need "patchburn".

Agreed, Tiger has many good things to recommend it by. I'm a lot less
impressed by Leopard so far.

Phil