[G4] should I install OS X on G$ (400MHz)?

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 16 13:37:42 PDT 2006

On 16-10-2006 21:05, Frank haddock, fhaddock at compusmart.ab.ca, wrote:

> I have a 400MHz G4.  Will I experience a slowdown in computer performance
> if I install system X?
>
> Thanks in advance for opinions and advice.

Frank,

To give an advice we need to know more (all is best) about your G4:

1) What G4 do you have?? A Yikes = PCI-Graphics, a Sawtooth = AGP Graphics,
a Mystic = Gigabit Ethernet, a Cube, an eMac, an iMac, an iBook or a
PowerBook????

2) How many RAM do you have installed???

3) How many diskspace do you have???

4) What kind of optical drive do you have???

5) What Mac OS are you running now???

6) = Optional for now. What version of Mac OS X are you planning to
install???

Answers on 1), 2), 3), 4) and 5) you will find as follows:
In Menubar -> • -> Apple System Profiler.

We'll hear from you,

Jo Hissel