[G4] DVD IS NOT WORKING...

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:32:04 PDT 2006

On Oct 17, 2006, at 7:54 PM, marco santos wrote:

> I have installed a dvd drive in my G4 OS X 10.3.4, and it only works
> as CD.

DVD only, combo with CD-RW, DVD writer of some flavor? Have you
checked <http://www.xlr8yourmac.com>'s compatibility database?

> Everytime I input a DVD disk on it I receive a message saying "this
> is not a supported disk" and also my iDVD does not run. when I try
> to run it the system says I don't have a DVD drive.

What does System Profiler say?

> PS.: this drive was working before....

Which drive, the replaced one or the recently installed DVD drive?
Assuming you mean the DVD drive where did it work before? Have you
changed any settings? How is it configured? What specific machine type
is it installed in? It's hard to help when you provide so little
information.

And why aren't you running 10.3.9? You need a need at least 10.3.6 to
get iDVD working with Patchburn.

Phil