[G4] DVD IS NOT WORKING...

marco santos marcomayer1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 06:34:29 PDT 2006

I didn' replace the drive, that's the drive I always had.

  and I have:

  computer: sawtooth g4 450 mhz
  disk: pioneer DVR-111D
  OS: Mac OS X 10.3.9

  You asked me how it is configured, I don't know....Last time I just install the drive phisically and it started to work.

  What I can teel you is the drive was woking before, but recently I have restored the system and reinstalled all the programs again.

  After doing that I went on a trip and got back yesterday.

  So, I wanted to use the computer to generate a dvd with the pictures I took on my trip, that's when I realised the drive was not being recognized.

  Thanks

  MARCO

Philip J Robar <philip.robar at gmail.com> wrote:

On Oct 17, 2006, at 7:54 PM, marco santos wrote:

> I have installed a dvd drive in my G4 OS X 10.3.4, and it only works
> as CD.

DVD only, combo with CD-RW, DVD writer of some flavor? Have you
checked 's compatibility database?

> Everytime I input a DVD disk on it I receive a message saying "this
> is not a supported disk" and also my iDVD does not run. when I try
> to run it the system says I don't have a DVD drive.

What does System Profiler say?

> PS.: this drive was working before....

Which drive, the replaced one or the recently installed DVD drive?
Assuming you mean the DVD drive where did it work before? Have you
changed any settings? How is it configured? What specific machine type
is it installed in? It's hard to help when you provide so little
information.

And why aren't you running 10.3.9? You need a need at least 10.3.6 to
get iDVD working with Patchburn.

Phil

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Thank you

and may God bless you

Marco Antonio dos Santos