Sawtooth lives. Re: [G4] Re: Dying Sawtooth status was 'Help, I think my Sawtooth

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Sat Oct 21 12:21:40 PDT 2006

Carol Leger wrote:

> I will report back with the results of the diagnostics and what happens
> after a shutdown with OS 9 set as the startup drive.`

I never got this far.  I took in into the shop.  I figured $50 for a
diagnosis was worth it.

I really thought the problem was going to be the logic board and I was
prepared to kiss the computer goodbye.

However, it turned out that the power/reset buttons were stuck, or at
least not functioning as they should.  When I got any response at all,
I was getting dumped into open firmware, or if I reset the PRAM, it
booted into OS9 on the master drive.

 From talking to the tech who fixed it, I now know that resetting PRAM
will case it to 'forget' the startup disk and start searching.

Thanks to all who replied. I am happy.

Carol