[G4] Installing Tiger with Panther

Peter Schaff schaffpa at whidbey.net
Sun Oct 22 13:51:59 PDT 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Carol wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am ready to take the plunge and buy/install Tiger.

> What do you do with your applications?  Many of them should run
> under Panther and Tiger.  If I have only one copy of, say, Adobe's
> InDesign, will Tiger find it if it is in Panther's Applications
> folder?
>
> My main reason for moving to Tiger is to use iMovie/iDVD from iLife
> 6. I could boot back into Panther for everything else.  Would that
> be the way to start?
>
> Carol

Funny story.  I had the 3400 (9.1) on the LAN and accidently double-
clicked an iMovie project on the G4.  It found the OS9 version of
iMovie (on the G4) and loaded and played the project on the 3400.  It
was slow as molasses (10Mbps ethernet, remember), but it worked!  I
was impressed.

  - Peter Schaff

2.3GHz dual core G5 PowerMac, 4GB, 250GB x2, OS 10.4.2, SoftRAID
Dual 1GHz G4 MDD PowerMac, 1.5 GB, 80GB x2, OS 10.2.8
iMac: 600MHz/768MB/40GB/10.2.8
3400C PowerBook, OS 9.1
Brother HL-1870N laser, Epson R340 inkjet, Minolta 2430DL color laser
Epson 2450 scanner, DAC-100 A/D