[G4] Installing Tiger with Panther

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 14:43:14 PDT 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Harry Freeman wrote:

> Carol, If you haven't yet purchased Tiger, I would advise waiting a
> little longer and getting Leopard. That is unless you have access to
> a very good price for a copy of Tiger.
>
> The Leopard release is rumored for November 2006

This is wishful thinking. Apple is, and has been consistently saying
"Spring 2007". (http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/, bottom of the
page) Recent articles have lamented the fact that Leopard won't beat
Vista to market.

> Unconfirmed reports are that Apple is to reveal launch details for
> it’s next-generation Mac OS 10.5 “Leopard” at WWDC. WWDC is
> scheduled for November 2006.

You're amazingly out of touch. WWDC has come and gone for 2006 (Aug
7-11, http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/) Leopard was indeed announced
and it was known well in advance that it would be.

Based on what I've seen at the Leopard page, it is shaping up to be a
much less compelling update than Tiger. Still well worth the price,
given the sum of all the new stuff and enhancements, but nothing
really compelling overall. Others, who use their computers in ways I
don't, will of course feel differently.

Phil