[G4] Monitor problem

Les Berkley wogears at fast.net
Sun Oct 22 14:09:12 PDT 2006

Hello all:

I just getting back into Macs because someone gave me a Sawtooth G4 400. It
came with a 17" Apple Studio, which is where my problem is. The monitor has
this weird behavior. When I open a fairly large window (any app will do), so
that the scroll bar is close to the right edge (~4 inches or less), there is
an odd wavy distortion in the window and the black edge of the screen, at
the vertical location of the scroll tab. If I move the scroll tab up or
down, the distortion moves with it! The distortion is greatest when the
scroll tab is smallest (i.e. long window).

Has anyone seen anything like this? I figure the display has lived quite a
while, so it may simply be failing. Degaussing doesn't help, nor does
changing refresh rate or res.

TIA,
Les