[G4] g4 won't start- any ideas

bill ritchey britchey11 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 16:01:57 PDT 2006

thanks-  i don't think that my keyboard  has one-but i'll try to find one that does thanks a lot  bill

John McG <ensignjd at optonline.net> wrote:
On Oct 23, 2006, at 7:59 PM, g4-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
> From: bill ritchey

> Subject: [G4] g4 won't start- any ideas
>

> heres the run down-
> ist it wouldn't start so i replaced the pram battery
>   then after a few weeks it wouldn't start again, this time i
> pressed the button next to the battery & it started
>   a few hours later i accidently turned off the power switch to the
> box that the machine runs from & the machine ofcourse turned off.
> now it won't start, even after i pressed the little button next to
> the battery again. any ideas?  thanks   bill

Try this, unplug the unit & remove the battery, wait a few hours push
the button, reinstall battery & restart.
Some early G4's had problems with the front start button failing.
they will start from a keyboard with a power buttton tho.

John

--
When life hands you lemons,
ask for tequila and salt.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: