[G4] flash drive question (again)

Ray Clayton ramar.clayton at verizon.net
Sun Oct 29 17:24:44 PST 2006

I do most of my work at home on a G4/733, OS9.2.2 and transfer my photoshop
files on a flash drive to the server at work. Recently the computer at work
has been upgraded from a G3/266 (don't laugh!) to a G4/800, OS10.4.8.

Now the files I want to transfer from the flash drive show up with a
generic/gray preview and have to be opened and re saved. The same files
prepared the same way transfer with no problem when burned and transferred
by CD.

Must be something about the flash drive, yes? Suggestions, workarounds?

I've tried to re-format the flash drive on the G4 to MSDOS FAT16 as SanDisk
suggested, but now I get all PC files that Photoshop won't/can't open.

Suggestions, workarounds?

Ray