[G4] Available resolutions - VGA V's DVI

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 14:59:41 PST 2006

Yes, but Apple specs are always wrong! Even my B&W PCI
rage card did 1600x1200.

But, I think I have explained my own question....

LEM says:
"Video: ATI Rage 128 Pro in AGP 2X slot (was Rage 128
prior to December 1999); supports resolutions to
1600x1200 with 32-bit support, VGA connector, and
digital video output for Cinema Display."

A Cinema Display had a native resolution of 1600 x
1024 (not 1200).

Therefore when I connect the DVI to my Dell monitor
the best it can do is 1280 x 1024.

I guess I'll go shopping for a 2X AGP card with a
1600x1200 DVI output and Quart Extreme compatability.

John

http://support.apple.com/specs/powermac/Power_Mac_G4_AGP.html