[G4] Just installed a new Pioneer DVR-111D. What is the stock ATA cable, 40 or 80 pin?

Dave March dkmnow at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 22:21:16 PDT 2006

My pleasure.  Just don't drop the pin!  :-p

If your stock cable is a 40 conductor, replacing it
with an 80 might not help anything, but it certainly
won't hurt.  As I understand it, the difference is
mainly one of redundancy, and conservation of system
resources.  With twice the number of wires, the system
and drives spend less time checking and re-checking
data.

--DKM