[G4] Carbon Copy Cloner

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 13:48:15 PDT 2006

Hi Richard,

I just did a successful clone of MY 40 GB hard drive to a 200 GB hard drive over the weekend.  It works fine.  Here are the steps I used:

First, make a disk image of the 40GB hard drive onto the new drive. (But why did you only get a 60GB drive?)

Next, expand the .dmg file--it will appear onto the desktop.

Then clone the expanded image onto the new drive.  Be sure the CCC preferences are set to "make bootable".

I tried cloning directly from the 40GB (my startup disk) to the new drive, but it didn't work.

What concerns me is that you may not have enough room on the 60GB disk for the disk image and the clone.

Good luck.

Nate
From: Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net>