[G4] What processor upgrade do members support?

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 14:00:08 PDT 2006

Ethan,

This is what I did and why.  I have a QuickSilver 2002 800MHz.  I have three hard drives and 1 GB RAM already installed.  I use several apps that require Classic.  I have high-speed internet (Comcast) that was not high-speed with the 800MHz processor.

I bought the Sonnet Dual 1.8GB processor for $600 (from Macsales.com).  After some freezing problems with it, Sonnet shipped me a new one and the speed increase was obvious.

Unless you require extra cards or other extra internal components, I suggest you get a Mac Mini.  I recommended this to a friend, and she's delighted with hers.

Nate

From: ethan gideon <johannespurple at yahoo.com>