[G4] Re: Carbon Copy Cloner

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Tue Sep 5 15:37:03 PDT 2006

Dick,

It would not clone directly from my startup disk to the other internal hard drive.  I would start it and let it run overnight, and in the morning it was still at the same place--Spotlight, the top of the list.

I thought I was stymied, but I set it to  create the image, then expanded it, then cloned the expanded image that appeared on the desktop as a drive.  It worked.  The drive I cloned was the original 40GB that came with the QuickSilver 2002, and I figured that by now it was on borrowed time (and 80% full).  I have no idea why it didn't work directly disk to disk.  I thought it was because the source disk was the startup volume.

Do you have any idea why disk-to-disk wouldn't work?

Nate
From: "Richard M. Kriss" <rmkriss at sbcglobal.net>