[G4] Carbon Copy Cloner

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Sep 5 16:21:23 PDT 2006

On 09/05/06, Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Based upon my recent encounters I would tell any and
> all to try using Apple's own Disk Utility/Restore
> first before branching out into work of third party
> software and I would also tell folks to stay away from
> CCC! Restore works and works well - at the rtime I was
> using OS X [10.3.9]

Well, there are thousands of CCC users who would offer success stories if you
asked them, using Jaguar, Panther, or Tiger. A perusal of posts at
<http://forums.bombich.com/viewforum.php?f=3 > should indicate many success
stories from users who use it routinely. Nothing wrong with using DU's restore
function, except that you have to restore an entire volume (i.e., you can't
selectively choose items to clone/restore) and, based on my experience, the
restore process takes 50-100% longer than using CCC. And, IIRC, when using the
restore function, the target is erased before restoration.