[G4] Browsers not opening

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Fri Sep 8 05:59:56 PDT 2006

Hmm, good question.  First off I'd try reinstalling the applications
themselves.  Try installing a different browser and see if that works as
well.  If that doesn't work, go to System Prefs, then accounts, and
there's a tab along the top for login items.  If you see something there
that shouldn't be, try disabling that then try launching the browsers.
Can you log into OS 9 and check the browsers that way?  I realize you'll
have to try IE or Netscape or the other browsers that run under Classic.
 Did you load any programs that tend to hog up a lot of memory on
startup?  Perhaps this is causing it (although if you launch any other
memory-intensive programs that are stable then this wouldn't be the
case).  There's probably a way to go into UNIX and change some settings
but I'm not as familiar with that as of yet.  Can you buddy up with some
of the tenants to see if they have Macs and see if they've experienced
the same trouble at all?  That's a long shot but hey, you'll get to know
more elite computer users (Mac users) in your area.  :)  Was there any
trouble during the move?  Depending on your memory configuration, one or
more of the RAM sticks may have become unseated.

Eric