[G4] Airport and Vonage

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Sep 14 06:13:35 PDT 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Try Skype for the Mac, it's FREE and does almost everything that you
get from Vonage.
However I don't have any experience using Skype with Airport so it
might not work either.
You can get Skype at:
http://www.skype.com/download/skype/macosx/
Give it a try, as calls that are PC to PC or Mac to PC any where in the
world are free, calls to any telephone anywhere in the US are free
through the end of the year and then you will only have to pay pennies
a minute, without a monthly charge.

While you are at the Sky URL you can also check out the cost per minute
to standard telephones anywhere in the world.

On Sep 14, 2006, at 5:27 AM, Gregory Cortelyou wrote:

> Anybody have any experience getting original graphite Airport base
> station to work with Vonage internet phone service? Some people at
> Vonage say it can't be done, but I think they just don't know how.
> Others say I need a separate router. I really don't want one more
> thing attached to my computer. The graphite airport only has the one
> ethernet slot. I wonder if I need to actually reset the Airport base
> station. That's the only thing I didn't try. Last time I did I had to
> do it in OS9 with the Airport CD.
> Greg

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC