[G4] Netscape ?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:04:55 PDT 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 2:15 PM, Dan A Currie wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I am driving an MDD DUAL 1.25 MHz / 2 GB RAM / 320 GB HD / NETSCAPE
> 7.2 / OS X.4.7 and lately Netscape seems to be crashing or rather
> unexpectedly quitting fairly often.
>
> I have been with NS ever since I got my first Mac, a Performa
> 630CD, and ALL my mail is with it.
>
> Suggestions?

You mean besides suggesting that you switch to Safari, Firefox,
Omniweb, Opera or one of the other Mac browsers that aren't several
years old. ;-) (I'm pretty sure Mail and Thunderbird will import
Netscape mail without any problems.)

May be you've got a corrupt cache or preferences file. Clear anything
you can in Netscape and check your preferences with something like
Preferential Treatment. (There are other programs that also check
your preferences files for problems. Try a search at http://
www.macupdate.com.)

Phil