[G4] Technical term needed for problem!

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 2 06:51:27 PDT 2007

Hello All,

    I am trying to find the technical term (if one exists) for the
"program quit" malfunction. This is when Im using a program (any) and
all of a sudden it winks out (the program) and I find myself on the
desktop without a warning (like the program was never booted up)! Ive
just tried to type this email message in netscape mail and netscape quit
on me so now im using textedit and I will cut an paste to send it off!.

    Im using a Mac G4 with 1.75Gb of Ram (all 2-2-2 speed). I have
rebooted, zapped the p-ram, and used applejack. Nothing seems to cure
the problem. Im using a "Powerlogix" upgrade 1.6Ghz processor (OSX.4.9).
Anyone got a clue as to what this problem is and how it might be cured?
Thanks.

Tom