[G4] Technical term needed for problem!

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri Apr 6 08:36:19 PDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:

>    Im using a Mac G4 with 1.75Gb of Ram (all 2-2-2 speed). I have
> rebooted, zapped the p-ram, and used applejack. Nothing seems to
> cure the problem. Im using a "Powerlogix" upgrade 1.6Ghz processor
> (OSX.4.9). Anyone got a clue as to what this problem is and how it
> might be cured? Thanks.
>
> Tom

You want to get Onyx or System OptimizerX and do the permissions and
prebindings.
If that does not work I suggest that a lowering of the CPU's speed
could help.

My OWC mercury replcement cpu was rated for 1.3gz but at that speed
the chip cache ran wild and quit on stuff.
1.26gzwas better but didn't match the bus speed well.
But at 1.2 it all works good. MAybe your machine just can't handle
the 1.6