[G4] PowerMac G4/600 or Dual 500?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:37:15 PDT 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Hal wrote:

> Would I be better off sticking with this card (a 7410 running at
> 600mHz) or dropping in an Apple dual 500mHz (7400-based card),
> assuming I had access to both cards?

Depends on how often you use applications that are multi-processor
aware or how often you run multiple processor intensive applications
at once.

If it helps any the difference between 500 and 600 MHz is right on the
boundary of what a human can notice.

If the difference in speed were any greater I'd go for the faster
single processor, but given your choice I'd go for the dual set up.

Phil