[G4] SATA Superdrives

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 08:31:30 PDT 2007

I am using a Sonnet Tempo SATA PCI card to run a 200Gb
HD. Works very well.

Last Christmas I also bought my son a SATA DVD burner
for his PC.

It never clicked that I could use one of those too!

But I worry. Maybe it won't be recognized by the
system (Bootable, Finder, iTunes, ect). Only certain
EIDE models work, presumable the same applies to SATA.

Has anybody tried this? What models would be
recognized correctly?

John