[G4] 450 OSX question

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Apr 19 14:17:05 PDT 2007

On 04/19/07, Rob Marles <rmarles at rogers.com> wrote:

> My Mac currently has a sloppy install of OS 9.2 and I wanted to clean it off
>and install something fresh.
>
> Would a copy of OSX advertised as "Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger Full Install for
>PPC G4 Mini" and "1.25 and 1.42 ghz Power PC G4 Mac Mini" work?
>
> I don't know what a Mac Mini is as I'm new to the Mac world, but I would
>assume it utilizes the same architecture?

Not unless your machine is one of those mentioned. See
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25784 > for details. If your
unnamed machne has a sloppy OS 9.2, then upgrade it. See
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75288> for updates; those are
free. BTW, it's illegal to use someone else's install disk on your machine. You
need to purchase the full retail versions.