[G4] Message # 9,Vol 32 Issue 28

rcbuitron at speakeasy.net rcbuitron at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 22 20:35:13 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: John Sparks [mailto:jmsparks1 at verizon.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:15 PM
To: g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Cc: 'John Sparks'
Subject: [G4] Message # 9,Vol 32 Issue 28

I have a similar Powermac G4 Mirrored Door 1.25Ghz Dual.
I tried the SCSI board that worked with my G4/400 and OS X, with my
zip dr. and my scanner.
After moving to the 1.25 Dual and upgrading to OS 10.4, no workie.
What board are you using for your SCSI Items?

John,
I'm using an ATA-133 IDE PCI Adapter made by ACard Technology (AEC-6280M). According to the maker and a few reviews, it's designed for "true" OS X support. I have Maxtor 300GB HDs connected to it. Neither one of those HDs has the OS on it. I use the original 40GB as my OS and apps HD; all other drives serve as storage or as scratch disc. I've not had any problems with this card and I am using 10.4.x.

Under the "About My Mac" (or whatever the utility is called), the Mac recognizes that board as scsi, but I'm not computer savvy enough to explain why, but I'm sure others on this list could explain this designation. I hope this helps.

Rob