[G4] [Re:] Missing Icons

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Mon Apr 30 09:43:23 PDT 2007

Try hitting Command-A for "Select all", then arranging them by name and
see if that works.  that also works if you have dual monitors and icons
an the second monitor, then disconnect the second monitor.

You can also try to rebuild the desktop in OS X.  Go to the system prefs
panel, then to "classic".  I'm at a work PC right now so I don't
remember the exact location, but there should be a button for "Rebuild
Desktop".  Even if you don't have OS 9 installed it will take some time
searching for an OS 9 startup disk, but eventually you'll see an entry
for your OS X disk.  Highlight that, then click ok, then it will rebuild
the desktop.

Eric

Calvin said:
Lister's I  have a G4 PCI, 350 Mhz,  after running cocktail
scheduler, on Saturday morning,  I notice when cocktail finished, the
window
closed but it no [RESTART],  so after 45 seconds or so I manually
restarted the computer,  every since then, the HD icons or any of the
two folders i had on the desktop shows up.    How can I get them
back??   The computer still start normal, and the folders show up
when I use the Go Application window, they all are there!    Nothing
will show on the desktop!!!

Calvin
--
  Eric Buczynski