[G4] Upgrading 733 MHz Quicksilver to Tiger

Daniel Tellier cdt at globaldsl.net
Mon Aug 13 06:48:31 PDT 2007

O'brian is correct.  As I understand it, there are both hardware (PCI
card) and software fixes to the fact that many of the G4 models could
not see anything beyond 127 GB of hard drive space, regardless of the
size of the drive.  Check the macintosh discussion forums and you will
see considerable information on how to do this.  Many systems are
running multiple internal drives (5 is the most I know of) AND very
large ones (500 GB).

I have also never heard of airport being required for an upgrade.  My
G4 400 Mhz gigabit ethernet runs Panther quite well and does not have
airport.