[G4] Upgrading 733 MHz Quicksilver to Tiger

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 07:03:20 PDT 2007

I agree. I have a Gigabit G4 dual 450MHz that was
running Panther from a SCSI drive. I added a 160Gb
Maxtor IDE hard drive on the standard internal bus.
Disk Utility saw it as a 128Gb drive and formatted it
successfully as such. The 160Gb was so cheap I don't
worry about the lost 32Gb!

Latter I cloned (carbon copy cloner) the SCSI drive
onto this IDE drive and was able to boot normally from
it.

My experience with Tiger suggests that I could expect
that to perform the same.

John