[G4] Upgrading 733 MHz Quicksilver to Tiger

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Aug 13 12:04:15 PDT 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 8:08 PM, Frank Sudore wrote:

> You don't need Airport. What you will need is a bigger HD. 40 is
> Way too small. Get at least an 80.
> Tiger is on all of my machines at work form a 533 G-4 to an MacPro
> Intel Tower. Also up your ram if you can but I think 1.5 gigs is
> all you can put in a QS.

Why say that a bigger hard drive and more RAM are needed? If you
check the needs listed on the box, you can read the minimum
requirements and they are nowhere near what you are saying.

Maybe you have never tried using the "custom" install option? I can
install OS 10.4 in as little as 1.9Gb of space by eliminating the
printer drivers that are not going to be used, the foreign fonts, and
the foreign language support.

You should not tell someone to do something to their Mac just because
your Mac/Macs are bigger, faster, or newer.

You are right about one thing, the QS can only recognize 1.5Gb of RAM
according to MacTracker.