[G4] Upgrading 733 MHz Quicksilver to Tiger

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Mon Aug 13 22:29:08 PDT 2007

snip
That's a good idea, but I don't think it'll help Kathi.

> On Aug 12, 2007, at 9:29 PM, Kathi Anderson wrote:
>
> I would like to upgrade to Tiger from Panther on my 733 Quicksilver. The
40
> gig HD and 1.25 gigs of ram satisfy the Apple upgrade specs, but I don't
> have built-in Airport.
>
> I see no reason to use wireless on a desktop; the hard connection is only
> few feet away. Will I have any problems upgrading to Tiger? Apple tells me
> that I need built-in Airport.

Your Quicksilver shouldn't have any problem with Tiger.  You certainly
don't need any kind of wireless card to run Tiger.  Perhaps they meant
that you need Airport if you want to experience every last feature
that Tiger offers, including wireless connectivity.  If you're just
going to plug in an ethernet cable then there's no reason to add an
Airport card to the computer.

--
Rich
Snip

Everyone, please accept my apology. I have Airport on the brain lately. It
does read Firewire. And I DO have Firewire built in. I was planning on
putting in a pair of new hard drives anyway, probably a pair of 128s.
I also have a Digital Audio G4 that I did that with and they work fine.
Kathi